The Automotive Hall of Fame (AHF), the automotive industry’s premier institution for collecting, celebrating and sharing stories from the global mobility industry, is hosting an event in support of the inaugural Women in motorsport.
Women in Motorsports North America is a community of professionals dedicated to supporting opportunities for women in all motorsport disciplines by creating an inclusive and resourceful environment to foster mentorship, advocacy, education and growth, ensuring the continued strength and prosperous future of the sport. The organization was founded by Lyn St. James and Beth Paretta and launched on April 20, 2022.
The event will celebrate the history and future of women in motorsport, with film screenings, panel discussions, vehicle displays and an afterglow event. All proceeds will benefit WIMNA, a non-profit organization.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Doors open at 3:30 p.m.
- The first theatrical screening of No Limits: Betty Skelton and the first part of the documentary series Left over. “First Lady of Firsts” is what the headlines called the fearless Betty Skelton. After World War II, she became one of America’s most admired women. Her breathtaking stunts in the air made her an international aviation legend, but her success in grabbing the wheel of a race car sparked a movement.
- Roundtable #1: Behind the scenes of Without Borders.
- Pam Miller – 8-time Emmy Award winner and producer of FOX NASCAR Cup races
- Cindy Sisson – CEO, GSEvents
- Lyn St. James – Co-Founder of WIMNA, Representative to the FIA Women in Motorsport Commission and 2022 Motoring Hall of Fame Inductee
- Roundtable #2: Women in Motorsports North America.
- Lyn St. James
- Beth Paretta – WIMNA Co-Founder and CEO, Paretta Autosports
- Taylor Ferns – Race car driver and law student
- Laura Wontrop Klauser – Sports Car Racing Program Manager, General Motors
- Vehicle display:
- Lyn St. James Race Car – 1989 Ford Thunderbird
- Taylor Ferns Race Car – USAC Silver Crown Speed Car
- Hagerty Afterglow – Meeting with the panelists, book signing and autograph session. Lyn St. James: An Incredible Journey will be available for purchase. Complimentary appetizers and drinks. Sponsored by Hagerty.
Location in person:
Automotive Hall of Fame, 21400 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124
This event is also live streamed virtually. For those attending virtually, an appointment link will be sent to your email address on May 25.
Tickets range from $25 to $75 and can be purchased at https://automotivehalloffame.givecloud.co/wimna